21 October 2006

Can we get together, I really, I really want to be with you

"Come on check it out with me, I hope you, I hope you feel the same way too."
--- Madonna's Get Together

Last October 20, I went to school to visit my friends. As I entered the University, I realized how much I missed the school. It's unusual because when I was still a student, almost everyday except Sundays, I was in school! Mostly consumed by my extracurricular work and during the later years, my thesis. I said to myself, "hindi ko mamimiss 'tong La Salle, lagi na lang kasi ako nandito." But lo and behold (Dr. Ilao naaalala kita! :) ), I did miss school! Haha! What an unusual feeling for me.

I got together with my younger college friends: Norman, Diana, and Mark. They were three of my closest friends in my last year as an undergraduate student, since almost 80% of the block had already graduated. It was because I intentionally delayed myself for two terms since I ran for the Student Council. We catched up on things to talk about, school work, work work, Diana's problem (her thesis and national debate championship tournament), love life, science life (anak ng patola ang baduy), and *secret*. I just missed them so much.

Yesterday we, Teyet, Bugoy, and Ian, went to Kuting's house in San Jose, Bulacan. We got together to celebrate the birthday of Kuting's older sister, Marnie, and younger brother, Mac. They also had their badminton court blessed and of course, all these mean one thing: ENDLESS FOOD SUPPLY! Haha! There was even a lechon baka! Ayos! Tiba-tiba kami sa pagkain and also sa beer, though I didn't have any. Syempre, bahagi sa buhay ng mga Pinoy kapag may party, eh may videoke! Non-stop singing for 5 hours! Haha! Also, a great breakthrough band, Blue Cheese (they won a radio band contest, yahoo! clap clap clap!), performed. The band members were still young! Grabe, nakaka-elib tunog nila. Pinoy Evanesence (oh no, tama ba spelling?) The vocalists, Lambert and Jean, really know how to put on a good show! Watch out for Blue Cheese's Frozen Universe song on your radio stations :)

But the most important "get together" for me was when my best friend and I had the chance to YM each other, October 19 (grabe YM lang pala! hehe). Nevertheless, it was still important. Tagal na namin hindi nagkakausap, ilang buwan na ba? Hehe. Well shunga, sembreak mo na, saan ba tayo nila Sunny and JC gimmick? :)

I did have a lot of "get together"s this week. I hope there will be more next week! Oh! There is! On Tuesday, October 24, it's Eid'l Ftir but my college blockmates and I are going out! Wahoo! Watch out EK! (haha ano ba yan, ang tanda na EK pa rin!)

See ya! :)

2 comments:

jett said...

haha.. wala akong pera eh.. libre mo ko para gimik tayo? hihi... =)

edz mendoza said...

Shunga! Sige libre ko kayo siguro ng lunch--- next week! Hehe, sweldo na e. I'll keep you guys posted :)