02 November 2006

Ikaw na ang bida!

Haha! Wala lang, trip ko lang lagay 'tong title na 'to. Today was a tiring day--- we had an overtime at work applying, guess what, the product on fresh leaves then drying them in the oven, see what will happen. Kinda like the commercial of Dove. Isipin mo, pinag-OT namin 'yung ganung experiment... It was futile!

Moving on, I am going to document tonight my dreams and aspirations. Just now, I was able to watch on the Animal Planet, a show that presented Sir David Attenborough and his contribution in the realm of broadcasting and journalism, and how he was able to share his intellect in developing television history. I thought to myself, "how can a man do so much in his/her lifetime? What are the ways and means?" I envied David since at such a young age, he was promoted to be the President of BBC world, then the Director of Programs, and eventually being a host of nature shows at the BBC. He took things to another level, something unfathomable during that time. He pioneered ideas and put them into action. Grabe, nakakamangha. What's even better is he's in tuned with the environment! 'Yung pwede mo talaga siyang tawaging nature boy. He has gone to almost every corner of the earth, searching and sharing to the world knowledge about a certain place. From the north pole to the south pole, from penguins swimming in the arctic seas to raging volcanoes, from deserts to rain forests, from underwater caves to mountains, name it he has gone to explore it. Super idol. Two other idols of mine are Dr. Brady Barr and Mr. Jeff Corwin. Hanep mag-deliver 'to ng mga scenes nila in the wild! It's as if you're also there! Both are so animated and they just know so much about the Kingdom Animalia, asteeeeg! I don't have a woman idol when it comes to hosting a wildlife show, hehe. Baka ako na kasi 'yung sunod na maging DA BEST wildlife adventure host, Edz Mendoza on the prowl...charing!

I tried to join the Discovery Travel and Living five takes competition. Fortunately, I passed the initial screening. Unfortunately, talagang pinagdidiinan nila na kailangan 21 years old. Ayun, wala na. Isa pa, kailangan ng video blog, e medyo eng eng ako pagdating sa mga ganyang bagay, yung techie stuff, wala rin. This could've been the world's greatest opportunity to see the dazzling and ravishing me live on international television! Grabe ka na managinip Edz! Tama na! You're pouring it on real thick! Hahaha! :D

My greatest and most ambitious dream would be: to find a cure for AIDS. Ganito ineenvision ko, as in minsan pinipicture ko sarili ko na ganito... I took up biochemistry for my undergraduate course, then I took up my Master's Degree abroad, sa UC Berkeley daw! Tapos syempre nag PhD ako. I was called Dr. Edz Mendoza (syempre sa panaginip lang lahat 'to.) I was really into natural products, 'yung tipong nasa field ako lagi, like the rain forest in Peru or in the Amazon. I'm doing research there, where there is no shortage of plant and animal life. Of course before going there, I have studied the mechanism of the AIDS virus, kumbaga sikat ako na scientist kasi I was a Filipino who knew a lot about the disease. Alam ko syempre kung ano yung structure niya, how it can attack and spread the virus in the body. Kumbaga super alam ko talaga everything there is know about the AIDS virus, yung tipong pag pinadiscuss sakin, pwede ko siyang gawan ng analogy in layman's terms. Now in the forest, I was out to find a cure. There was an established research facility deep in the vegetation, think Jurassic Park. Tapos 'yun, research research ako dun, until I finally found it! Grabe asteeeg! Hehe! My imagination's running wild! Then after the discovery, I was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry or the Nobel Prize in Medicine... Sarap ng feeling... Haha! Grabe para na akong nasisiraan ng ulo sa kakaimagine ng mga ganitong bagay... Pero masaya lang talaga siyang isipin and it makes me feel great to know that I can muster images such as these :)

Eto hindi dream, nais ko lang talaga siyang makamit sa buhay ko. Subalit kung hindi ko kayanin, e kakayanin ko, haha! I finished my Biochem undergrad course at DLSU, it's time to move on to another school, UP naman. I plan to take up my Master's Degree there, preferably Marine Science or Environmental Science. But only after working for two years at Johnson and Johnson. Siguro work muna ako for WWF in the lull period. But my friend told me that it is run by the Ayalas. I'll see if I can join other NGOs that also support nature's plea for conservation. Pagkatapos ko na magmaster's, I'll work then study abroad. I'll stuff myself with knowledge there, then come back to the Philippines to help out in the environmental scene.

The Philippines is a smörgåsbord of exotic and endemic wildlife. We were ranked as the most "biodiversified" marine life IN THE WORLD! Imagine that! But sadly, isa rin tayo sa mga nangunguna sa pinakamaraming endangered species. Haay... Sabi nga ng kanta, "on and on it seems to go but you don't know what you got 'till it's gone."

Kaya ipinapangako ko, sa lahat ng halaman at hayop ng Pilipinas, gagawin ko ang lahat ng makakaya ko para ma-conserve kayo at mapalago pa lalo ang iba't-ibang species ninyo.

(grabe this last sentence is so corny... but a promise is a promise...)

No comments: