13 November 2006

Animal Chronicles: Marine and Terrestrial 2

Maya, our adopted bird, died today due to lack of will to live. It has been three days since her adoption, and it has been three days of no food and water for her. *sigh* It really is a survival of the fittest. As I was transferring Maya into another place last night, I could feel her tiny bones lining her frame and sense that each passing day, her body becomes more and more feeble.

I had this imagination of feeding her to the cats, haha! I know it's so morbid but if you watch National Geographic Channel (NGC), the big cats really hunt the weakest one in a herd of prey. But as I held Maya in my hand, she started to chirp, an unusual chirp. It was the sound of a bird that was about to die. It seemed that she lost her will to live. As I placed her in a new location, she didn't fight back.

When I went home at 5:30pm, I asked Bing Bing if Maya was dead, and yes, she died in the late afternoon.

No comments: