12 November 2006

Animal Chronicles: Marine and Terrestrial 1

My good friend Kat Luzon and I love to talk about the environment. Kung meron akong taong gustong kausapin when it comes to animals, be it marine or terrestrial animals, si Kat yun. More or less we share the same passion for the need to conserve and preserve animal life on earth. We then decided to post on our blogs Animal Chronicles: Both Marine and Terrestrial by Kat Luzon and Edz Mendoza, Edited by Norman Rodrigo, Published by Marianne Nidea. San ka pa? Haha!

On the way to the Philippine Heart Center where my dear lola is confined because of a brain tumor, I SMSd Kat. I narrated to her how our helper found this bird, a maya, in our garden and was being ravaged by antiks! The big red ants that when it bites you talagang mapapasigaw ka ng "aray!"? Our helper Bing Bing rescued it from the merciless sting of the ants, that is comprised of picric acid. She then brought it to our bird cage, together with Birdie (yes, that is the name of our bird, quite original is it not? :D ). Natatakot ako nung lumaon ang isang araw kasi baka ma-double dead si Birdie gawa ni Maya (yes, that is the name of our adopted Maya bird). Maya is very young, her plumage haven't developed fully and I think the way she is to be fed, kailangan yung regurgitated pa, yung galing sa parents niya.

Eto pa ang panalo: When we were about to leave the house, I noticed Maya was sitting still on the base of the bird cage. There was something unusual. The dark plumage yesterday that I saw on her side wasn't there anymore. Tapos pagtingin ko sa sahig, bakit parang eto yung brown spot na nakita ko kahapon? Anak ng patola! Yung pakpak ni Maya natanggal! Nabali! As in nyek! Eto pa mas malala: Kasama ko si Midnight nun, yung pusa kong itim na cute, nakita niya yung pakpak sa sahig. Aba, KINAIN! Hahaha! Nyek! Ano ba naman 'yun?!

I felt sorry for Maya... It was at that time napag-isip isip ako kung Marine Science ba talaga o Veterinary Medicine? Actually naiisip ko rin talaga mag-vet med, before pa talaga yun. Ngayon kaya ako napa-isip ng marine science kasi biodiversity sa Pilipinas e mataas... Pero naisip ko, kawawa naman yung mga animals that need a lot of medical help. Hindi lang nila masyado nae-express because we can't understand them.

E si Minggoy nga e, yung isa ko pang pusa na malaking puti, nagka-almoranas! Super dumi and pumayat talaga siya. I could see him suffering pero wala naman akong nagawa. If I just had the knowledge to treat him I would.

Haay... I just have to wait until I am free to study again...

No comments: