13 September 2023

Today's thoughts: panic post

Whenever I write here, I think that can be a plausible indicator that I'm procrastinating. I have this argumentative essay that I need to write due tonight (Wednesday); I have to be at school tomorrow by 9AM sharp (Thursday); I have class in the afternoon and I haven't read the required chapter reading; then I need to pack my things and get to the FW train station by 0430H, be a the airport by 0600H, to catch my flight to SFO at 0810H (Friday). 

Now while in California over the weekend, I need to do my homework in epidemiology due by Tuesday night; I have TA duty on Tuesday morning and teach logistic regression; I have a reflection paper due midnight on Wednesday; and I have a survival analysis assignment due Friday. Then the next week I have again a reading quiz assignment due on Tuesday, reflection paper by Wednesday, and survival analysis (SAS mostly) due Friday.

AND on top of this all I need to write my manuscript for my paper on discrimination X ADRD. There's just TOO MUCH on my plate and I feel I don't have enough time to do all of them well. I can do them, but I'll turn in something mediocre, most likely, which I don't like, ugh. :(

AND on top of the top, I have to do household chores (cook, wash dishes, clean the apartment laundry, water plants, care for rats). I haven't been in the gym for the past three days, and I feel bad about it. UGH. There's just too much distractions. What more if I have kids and no yaya to help me out??? It's crazy.

Anyway, I was able to vent out a little with this post. So I will now head to MS Word and start typing away my argumentative essay. 

Here's a comic from Jorge Cham's PhD Comics that rings true for most academics. It's unfortunate that I'm at a stage in my career where this is reality, hahaha. This shouldn't be the case, but academia in America is this.


Until then,


No comments: