09 September 2023

Today's thoughts: just a quick post here

I think I may be procrastinating because I am writing in my blog before working on my assignments, hahaha. Anyway, I don't have anything specific to write about, other than I'm glad I was able to bring my ass today in the gym despite strong opposition from my hormones. It's that time of the month where I am at my most sluggish and exhausted state because of depleted oestrogen level. 

So what did I do to fight it off? First, I checked my Volt app to see what exercises I'd be doing. When I saw I'm in the hypertrophy week and needed to do more reps while lifting lighter weights, that motivated me. I thought that it would be more doable, especially now I'm in my luteal phase, compared to when I'm doing strength training where I push my body to lift heavier weights. And when I saw that the estimated finish time was below one hour, that motivated me even more. 

Another motivator for me is, if I can spend more than an hour scrolling through IG reels and YT shorts, I should be able to spend my time more wisely and more productively by exercising. It's tremendously easy to get sucked into your phone, getting stuck in the same posture of crouching or lying down, and scrolling for videos or doing online shopping. I think that instead of doing this nonsensical and pitifully futile activity, it's better to get my ass in the gym, and do strength training, cardio, or stretching. It surely is a more productive way of spending one hour and I get to tick off exercising in my to-do list.

Anyway, I think I may have written enough and this is the part where I should sign off and start working on my assignments. It's currently 1715H and I still need to work on two assignments: one writing assignment, and one reading assignment.

Until then,

No comments: