25 May 2019

My (mis)adventures walking around UP on a humid day

UNFINISHED POST.

So I went to UP last Monday, 2 April, to claim my graduate diploma at the College of Science Graduate Office after my interview at PHIVOLCS.

It was so humid that day because it just finished raining and the surroundings were hazy and you can still see the mist. The air was stuffy and it was warm. I developed a flu the next day after walking for hours around campus.

From PHIVOLCS, I walked all the way to the checkpoint, that's about a kilometre, then rode the ikot going to the Science Complex and walked about 400m to the office. That trip alone was enough to make me ill. I inhaled all the pollution and whatever bacteria was present in the air. Joskoh sa bahagi ng Hardin ng Bogambilya (yung kalye ng FA) at CP Garcia ka ba naman dumaan.

I arrived at the office and my diploma was handed to me and as I was about to sign the receipt letter, I was told that I haven't been cleared with the Registrar's Office yet! *I was actually wondering why I was able to attend the graduation ceremony without paying for anything. Yun pala yun! Hahaha!* So they retracted my diploma and I was sent on a wild goose chase around UP: first to the OUR then to the Cashier's Office in SC, then back to the OUR. For those who know the route, it's not easy to go to the OUR without the TOKI! :( Ang haba ng lalakarin! And take note, the roads were being repaired so imagine all the dust floating in the air, huhuhu. My lungs!!!

And so I decided to walk from the Graduate Office to the OUR. Since I haven't eaten anything yet from the time I woke up, I decided to stop by this wow-where-did-you-come-from comfort food eatery (aka fishballan) along Velasquez St., right beside IEEE. Yes, apparently yung dating bahay dun giniba na at ginawang maliit na kainan. Edi super shookt si acoe kaya napatigil acoe para lumamon, este, kumain. I ordered pancit canton, chicken ball, cheese sticks, and a small bottle of Coke (medyo bitin pero sige na nga). Ah. The UP student's staple food. Pero in fairness ang mahal ha! This meal cost me 72 pesos! Oo mahal na yan! Isipin mo 72 pesos para sa street food! Dati 50 pesos lang sobrang tiba-tiba ka na sa canton at mga balls! Namiss ko yung ganitong pagkain but at the same time, the 32-year old tita in me was crying for good and healthy food to be eaten in a place with good furniture, servers to serve your food, and a relaxed ambience like Chocolate Kiss. But since it has been a long time when I last ate this kind of fare, I tried to enjoy it.

To make my dining even more enjoyable, I was graced by the presence of a beautiful and muscular tom cat. He was surly and snobbish in the beginning but when I offered him my delectable dish, he came near me and started chomping away! Poor tabby tom was hungry! After feeding, I tried to make these come-hither meow sounds and motioned my hands for him to come to me. Aba eh may lambing pala 'tong pusang 'to sa katawan niya! Pambihira! So this is what Tabby Tom looks like:


Ang lambing lambing niya, nakakatuwa! But it was already 3:30PM and I needed to sort out my clearance. So I proceeded to the OUR passing through NISMED and I again saw some cats. It's a CAT STOP (instead of pit stop)! I patted the cats and called them but these ones made me hold them only for a short while then off again I went. Inhaling some dirt from the road repair, I arrived at the OUR with sweat on my back and armpits. Joskoh ang inet abot hanggang singet! Entering the building I saw some more cats! Yey! There was this geriatric tom cat who was very sweet and approached me with a springy gait, as if he's just like an adolescent cat! There was another cute female tortoiseshell who had soft hair and was playful. She would lick my hand every time I scratch her underbelly and I could feel the roughness of her tongue. Super cute! Every cat lover knows that when these barb-like thingies on a cat's tongue would graze over their hooman's skin, you know your cat has affection for you. Here's our photo together:










No comments: