17 June 2014

Our pre-celebration of Martin's 24th birthday + our 3.5-year anniversary

Yeeeeeesssss!

It feels so good to go back to writing. And what better way to start again than to write about my one true love, Martin. :)

Martin's birthday is on the 17th of June and we sort of celebrated his name day (omg it's so GoT) on the 14th. We also celebrated our relationship of three and a half years! Yey! And still going strong.

To celebrate these two meaningful occasions, first, we watched How to train your Dragon 2 3D at SM BF with my super cute niece and nephew, Audrina and Angelo! Yey! Laurice, my sister-in-law, was with us too. The movie was great! Ang galing nung graphics and maganda yung pagka-execute ng story and yung overall flow of the movie. It's not fragmented and the viewer can easily understand the story. Super cute ni Toothless!!! Waaaah! Makes me want to own a pet dragon!!! Haha! Here are our photos with the kids:

Ang pogi ng boyfriend ko! :)

We were posing against the Maleficent advertisement, which we also watched, but not with the kids.

Audrina and Angelo so cutie patootie!

Second, I decided to take Martin to Resorts World Manila's Newport Performing Arts Theater and watch the musical, Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. It starred Jon Santos, Leo Valdez, and Red Concepcion. It was Martin's FIRST Philippine major production musical to watch and I'm so happy I was with him. It was an enjoyable show, with music coming mostly from the Retro 70s: It's Raining Men, Hotstuff, I Will Survive, Shake Your Groove Thang, Say a Little Prayer, and the like. At the near-end of the show, the chorus w started to dance and invite the audience to dance with them. Of course, being the let's-go-I'm-game person that I am, I stood up and started singing and dancing too. Martin's more on the reserved side, he just held onto my bag and shawl and watched everyone dance.

It was a fun musical to watch. The performances of the two seasoned actors, Leo Valdez (BRAVO!) and Jon Santos were stellar. But the dark horse of the group was Red Concepcion, being able to deliver his role stupendously and he was the most enjoyable to watch. Inisip ko nga, "ang galing naman ni Red, kaya niyang makipagsabayan kina Leo at Jon".


Posing outside the Priscilla wall of the theater's lobby
Inside the theater in our "upgraded" seats. We took this AFTER the show. We didn't have any photos DURING since we're not a photographing couple much. Jusme! Sayang!
 
I twisted Martin's arm to take a photo of me here. Haha! Grabe ha, ang ayos lang naman ng shawl ko!

Fooling around at the theater's elevator lobby: posing with the life-size boards of the main characters. L-R: Jon Santos, Leo Valdez, Red Concepcion

 Anyway, Martin and I were lucky because we got "upgraded" to better house seats in the theater so we were able to see the actors better from a nearer view.

And third, after the show we went around the mall and decided to have dinner at Cafe Mediterranean. Again, it was Martin's FIRST time to eat in this restaurant. I'm so happy whenever it is a first time for him kasi gusto makita yung reaction niya every time he tries out something new. I feel like a mom seeing my child try out things the first time. Omigulay ako na ang nanay sa boyfriend ko! We ordered the kebab platter and super sulit siya. Here's our photo:

Eating is our favorite pastime

It was a FUN-FILLED day with my love. :) Actually ngayon lang kami uli nakalabas ng ganito because I'm under house arrest due to thesis writing. This whole month of June I am depriving myself of gimmicks and dates because I have to get my manuscript out by the end of June! Nyak!

So today, June 17, the real birthday of Martin and his twin,  I am writing this post to celebrate Martin's 24th year on this earth and for being with me, patiently and lovingly, for three and a half years! Yey!!

I love you very much, Mahal! Happy birthday!! :)

No comments: