21 June 2014

Austolia Jewelry Arts: A Tribute


I came across Austolia Jewelry Arts at the Newport Mall in Resorts World Manila. There was an exhibit of various wares ranging from native delicacies to house furniture to jewelry. Being the accessory lover that I am (yes, very much! It's one of my life's weaknesses!), I was automatically drawn to that booth with glittering, golden/silver chains with stones. Upon reaching it, my interest was piqued even more! There were these bangles that clasped rocks (stones) and MINERALS (in layman's terms, precious stones) in its large crystalline form! Of course, having worked and studied for four years at the National Institute of Geological Sciences (NIGS) in UP Diliman, I am able to identify minerals.

There was a bangle that held a big hematite in its center, wow! Other bangles centered an agate, red coral, Paua/Paui shell, Capiz shells,carabao horns, and the like. Some agates I noticed still had the geode intact. Some were infused with artificial colors for it to look better; though I would prefer the natural agates than the colored ones.

So as my mouth started to slaver over the trinkets, I asked for the prices of the magnificent pieces. Well, they weren't THAT expensive, but they are pricey. Their cheapest was the ring I bought which costs PhP200. I bought a bangle too that costs PhP500. It contained a shell, a bone (though I'm not sure if that was really a bone; i think it may be resin), and a turquoise stone. These were the only items that I can afford at the moment. See photos below:

I placed a filter on this photo so as to highlight the ring's colors. It fascinated me because I remembered an ammonite (an extinct cephalopod that existed during the Mesozoic Age) that I have encountered while working at NIGS. Though upon closer inspection, I hypothesized that this could be a citrus fruit's endocarp (the pulp) which was pressed and tainted with artificial colors and trapped in resin.

This was the bangle I was describing above. There were other more exquisite designs to procure however, ganito lang kalayo kayang abutin ng pera ko, haha! But it's still nice! This bangle would go well while wearing a plain colored t-shirt or rolled up button down dress shirt and paired with jeans! Sosyal!

Filters on to highlight the grooves on the bracelet. 


Their price ranged from Php200 to approximately PhP5,000, depending on the materials used and design. The pieces are definitely exquisite! If only I had more money OR if they had a CREDIT CARD TERMINAL I would've bought necklaces too! They ranged from PhP800 to PhP2,500. The one that was affordable for me was a long necklace that had turquoise stones and a polished red coral dangling at the end. That one cost PhP800. But it was expensive for me at that time because I had limited cash, argh! Sayang talaga, sana may credit card terminal!!! Here are more photos of their bangles which I downloaded from the Austolia Jewelry Arts Facebook Page (I was so happy to see their FB page!!!):

Look at this bangle!!! NGANGA!!! Ang ganda!!!
What a unique design

But their most expensive pieces I saw during the exhibit were the clutch bags. It ranged from PhP4,000 and up. I cannot describe in words how mighty-fine they look. I'd leave the photos to speak for themselves.


Look at that design!!!

Real sleek and classy

Look at the PAUA SHELL facade!!!

Grabe naglaway na lang ako nung nakita ko ito sa FB page nila! Waaaaaaah!!! How I would LOOOOOVE to own one!!! Even just one! It'll be my clutch for all the sosyal events I'll go to! Well, I rarely go to sosyal events anyway so I guess this will be parked most of the time in my "accessories museum" (aka: glass cabinet), haha!

How their booth looks like during exhibits (again, downloaded from their FB page):

A full Paua shell clutch! And look at that turquoise stone bangle!!!

Their necklaces are absolute beauties!!!

These statement pieces definitely are conversation starters!
I will be travelling to Cebu and Bohol this August with Martin and HOPEFULLY I'll be able to visit their showroom there! I asked during the exhibit if they had a branch here in Manila and I was answered with a "no" then I asked if they had a store in Cebu City and again I was answered with a "no" but they have a showroom though in Lapu-Lapu City. They only do exhibits here in Manila. Oh and I was also told that their jewelry is exported to other parts of the world such as Australia and Spain. Wow, world-class talaga ang Pinoy!

To those who read this entry and would like to get in touch with the creators of these amazing jewelry pieces, fear not for I have obtained a calling card, woohoo! So here are the details:

Call now! :)

I hope that every person who read this entry have realized how talented and gifted the Filipinos are in designing and crafting jewelry.

Mabuhay ang Pinoy! 

No comments: