21 June 2014

Family Time

Yesterday, I was fortunate to have spent my morning with my parents, brother, niece, and nephew. They all brought me to my office, at PHIVOLCS, in C.P. Garcia Avenue. We stopped by McDonald's in the Katipunan Extension and ate a lot of fast food, haha. Here are our photos below:


Look at my nephew and niece at the left side of this photo! So cute!!! And they celebrate Hakuna Matata EVERY SINGLE DAY! Ang sarap maging bata muli!

Again, my niece and nephew. The jewels of our family. Since all of us in my immediate family are "of age" (I am the youngest in our family, aged 28), these kiddos are the center of our attention. It's such a treat to be with them and everyone gets excited if these two tag along with us in whatever trip our family makes. :)

Then after working for more than eight hours at the office, instead of Papa picking me up at PHIVOLCS, I decided to take the MRT and head down to Ayala since his eyesight while driving at night is  poor. We met at Rustan's Makati and from there we headed back to Sucat. Mama and Papa decided to treat me to dinner at Icebergs and they ordered a halo-halo each while I had tofu steak with spinach rice (pa-healthy effect kuno e ang dami ko namang nakain).

I feel so blessed every time I spend precious, and even mundane, moments with my family. Especially now that my brothers and I are already adults and my parents are both senior citizens, iba na ang pagsasama naming pamilya. We talk about things on a different plane now compared to when we were younger. Our parents welcome our contributions during decision-making family meetings; they welcome our arguments/logical rebuttals when a point needs to be explained; they don't scold anymore at us compared when we were younger. It's different. We have all grown up.

And that kind of pagsasama right now is truly refreshing and energizing. Hindi ko ma-explain e. Parang kung kailan kami tumanda, doon luminaw lahat. Ang sarap at ang saya na kasama ng parents namin ngayon, especially during intellectual discussions. I thought I already knew a lot and apparently, iba talaga ang alam ng magulang. That's why every single day, I thank God for giving me such wonderful and intellectual parents. Buti na lang mga magulang ko may maaaring maituro sa amin at hindi kami kailanman pinabayaan. Thank you Lord so much. My parents are my life's treasure and stronghold. Everything will fall into ruin but family stays with you FOREVER.

Thank you very much Lord for my wonderful family and for my ever-strong, ever-loving parents. :)

No comments: