17 June 2014

An open birthday and love letter to my life's meaning

Grabe ha, title pa lang ang cheesy na. Haha!

My dearest Mahal,

Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. We started our relationship together when you were still 20 years old (okay, I now feel like a cradle snatcher here) and now, you're 24. Ang bilis 'no? And after being together for three and a half years last June 14, I cannot stop thanking God for giving you to me. You are my life's joy and meaning. Everything about you makes me happy and content with what I have. You never cease to amaze me with your ways and for that, I am thankful. You have evolved (napaka-scientific naman nito), rather, developed into a man who's God-fearing, patient, kind, understanding, and loving towards me. I am forever grateful for that.

I know that sometimes, or perhaps most of the time, we have our arguments--- big or small--- due to my short temper and my raging hormones (pagbigyan mo na ako rito sa mga rason ko). But you have been that person who is ever so patient to deal with me. I pray that your patience for me NEVER runs out. I have my flaws, I know, but please bear with it. Our fights make us stronger as a couple. Konting taon na lang, mapupunta rin tayo sa lugar na ating minimithi: and that is to be side-by-side, together, forever. (grabe ang cheeeeesy! and all in public!!! kinikulabutan akoooooooh!!!)

It has been a roller coaster ride for us; in our careers, family life, being with friends, our emotions. But aren't you glad that after all these years we're still together? You survived me!! Hahahaha! (aylabyuuuu!) I thank God for everything that He has given us: all the small blessings like being able to afford somewhat luxurious dates, travel to different places, eat in good restaurants, watch movies, buy each other gifts... All that. Ang saya 'no? We should always be thankful to God and pray to him unceasingly.

Eto na naman tong ka-cheesyhan natin! Hahaha!

My life would have taken a different path if you didn't come around and swept me off my feet. I am truly, incandescently happy that I am with you. And I am excited what the future has in store for us. Together, we can make our dreams come true! :) Yehey! Cheers to more years of love!

I love you most, Mahal! Happy, happy birthday!

yours forever,
mahal

No comments: