02 January 2013

Me and Martin's Partial New Year's Resolution Revolution

On the first day of January 2013,  Martin and I decided to put together a list of our resolutions for the year. Well, actually it was my idea and I just COERCED him to follow suit, haha just kidding. I didn't coerce him, he agreed to do this list with me, right Mahal? :)

Anyway, since we both have different needs, different areas for improvement, we've created a partial resolutions list that aims to address individual concerns. Here's what we've enumerated:

1. Edz and Martin: To not be late for work for at least a month. Failure to comply means the losing party is forced to treat the winner a FREE FAST FOOD DINNER (kailangan talaga fast food para cheap lang, haha!). Edz to start on January 2 - February 2 and Martin on January 9 - February 9. This agreement can be carried on for the succeeding months until it becomes a habit. :)

2. Edz: To start finishing what I have begun (i.e., master's thesis, extra-curricular activities, reports, courses at coursera.org, etc.)
    Martin: To diet and lose 20 lbs. in a month, starting on January 9 - February 9.

3. Edz: To stop procrastinating! (i.e., cleaning my room and the bathroom, doing extra-curricular work like meetings/activities, thesis writing, doing things in general.
    Martin: To do at least fifty sit-ups and twenty push-ups using our own gym equipment in the band room.

4. Edz and Martin: To be organized in everything that we do EVERY SINGLE DAY (i.e., activity planning, scheduling of meetings, data gathering and report writing, cleaning and fixing stuff, cooking in the kitchen etc.)

5. Edz (given by Martin): To learn how to execute household chores, specifically doing the laundry, ironing clothes, and cooking adobo, tinola, and sinigang. Omigad I remember getting into a row with Martin about this. I violently objected to this idea of his until I finally gave in. Aaaaargh I really don't want to do this but anyway, I have to be a good partner so I agreed... after much hesitation and violent reaction.
    Martin (given by Edz): To wear slippers at all times inside the house, except perhaps in the bedroom in the absence of bedroom slippers, and to dress properly and neatly at all times, especially when going out. Avoid wearing shirts with holes, tattered-collared shirts, faded shirts, shorts or pants that look tattered. Also, always find time to brush hair before facing the public. Spray on perfume at least twice a day (that's why I gave you one).

So far this is a partial list and a pretty simple one too. Martin and I vowed that we'll help each other attain our individual resolutions for this year. Next up will be the Couple Resolution Revolution, the list that will help address our couple concerns.



AHOY 2013!

No comments: