16 March 2024

Spring Break 2024

Spring Break, for me, is a way to catch up with research work backlog. Ugh. Not complaining though, I love the moments I get to focus and dive deep into my research. What bothers me really are coursework assignments. Ugh. Annoying things that get in the way. Or perhaps they are actually not annoying as long as I'm just doing assignments and not research work. But anyway, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

So the point really of this post is life lately: spending happy time with the husband and catching up with all the research and assignments. I am struggling with my manuscript, especially the discussion section. I'm looking for literature to explain the indirect effects of discrimination on cognitive function with depression as mediator among older adults across different population groups (i.e. NHW, AA, and MA). The thing is, what's in the literature is contrary to what our results are, which is something bothersome as it makes us question whether our dataset or analysis is wrong. The thing is, both me and my adviser have analyzed the new dataset separately, and we both have the same results (yay! that means I ran my analysis correctly!). Anyway, I guess right now the challenge is digging through literature, sorting them out and  organizing them into a coherent flow of words. In short, what I'm writing must make sense. And the hard part is that there are so many sources where I am getting my arguments, it makes me confused. Just writing a few paragraphs takes me at least 5 to 8 hours of intensely focused work. Anyway. 

Just putting in here a collage of Mico and I, at night in bed, laughing and giggling about nonsensical things. It's just so nice to be in love and committed and in-sync with someone whom you really trust, the person whom you know has your back and commits to be there for you forever. Cheesy, yes, but there's that peace and contentment, knowing that no matter what, this person is someone whom you can fully trust with your whole, unabashed, and uninhibited self. That feeling is just... beautiful. Mico gives me that feeling. 💓 I thank the Lord for my most wonderful husband. 💖


11 March 2024, Monday, 0218H. First weekday of Spring Break

No comments: