02 March 2024

A weekend in the life of an international PhD student in the US

Fell asleep at 2 AM, woke up at 9AM, got up at 9:40AM, put in the laundry, showered, did morning skincare routine, and sitting on my desk at 10:30AM. That seems pretty productive, I guess? Though I'm really trying to wake up earlier and sleep earlier. But my body just doesn't fall asleep before midnight.

I start the morning with either a cup of tea or coffee, then I'll check my Supernote planner and see what's the agenda for the day, the tasks I need to finish. After which I go to Pomofocus.io, input my tasks, and set the timer and get to work. Usually, I have 50on/10off workflow (it used to be 25on/5off but found it too quick now). I work for about 4-6 hours, but anything longer than that, I am not as productive anymore. I sometimes get distracted by chores in between, but I try my best to work on the chores in the 10min rest time. 

Anyway, today I'll work on my significance section and a portion of my 6312 paper summary on propensity scores. I hope I get to finish the Significance paper today so tomorrow I can proceed with my Do Nothing Sundays. It's good for my mental health and well-being <3

Let's go!

No comments: