02 August 2023

Getting the rhythm to exercise

It's not easy to bring your ass willingly to the gym and exercise, especially if you've been not exercising for months. The main reason why I'm able to go to the gym lately is because my classes have ended and I'm looking for productive things to do. I am hoping however, that the routine I'm able to build now, I can carry it over until end of the Fall 2023 semester. Though I remember the times within the semester where I'm just so damn tired, I don't want to go to the gym because I'll be even more tired. 

Anyway, I'm trying my best to maintain this rhythm. I think a way for me to do that is to DELIBERATELY NOT WORK OUT on certain days. Like I should not force myself to exercise more than four days a week. Just keep it at four, no more, no less. Before, I used to like go above and beyond what's expected. But I figured that just zaps my energy and motivation for the next set of exercise.  I need to learn how to put the appropriate intervals not just for exercising, but also for my assignments and projects. If I crossed out my list for the day, I should fucking STOP and not do anything more. What happens is that I put so many things to do on my list, hoping I'll get them all done at the same time. HELL NO. I'm slowly learning that I should only write the tasks I'm able to do for a number of hours for that day, and parse/spread the remaining tasks throughout the week. This way, I'm able to insert some rest times in between and not overwhelm myself trying to accomplish such a huge task in one sitting. 


Here's a photo I snapped after exercising in the gym. I did an unload routine today. Ugh. I'm dreading the next three weeks, hypertrophy is up next! Waaaah!

No comments: