07 August 2023

Today's thoughts

I have a lot of things to do but I feel stymied to do them. Here I am again, feeling frozen. Maybe I should read my previous blogs and assess what it is that's causing me to get stymied, then overcome them. Two big things I need to do: 1) SPA; and 2) my manuscript outline. Let's also add another one: 3) prepare for my OpEd workshop on Wednesday. 

Let's break down what I need to do for the SPA:
1. Edit the SPA to include the Texas clause in the document;
2. Print the document
3. Withdraw cash to pay for Notary Public;
4. Message the Notary Public to get the documents notarized;
5. Procure FedEx envelope for Apostille mailing to PH;
6. Fill up order form for the Apostille;
7. Pay Apostille order; and
8. Send Apostille to Austin via UPS.

For my manuscript outline:
1. Look at intro formats of other papers and incorporate this into the outline;
2. Fill in methods and results sections of the outline;
3. Look at discussion formats of other papers and incorporate this into the outline; and
4. Send outline to team using One Drive.

For my OpEd workshop:
1. Look at the preparation notes of the OpEd workshop; 
2. Execute preparation notes; and
3. Come prepared on 9-10 August.

It may seem that the OpEd workshop requires the least number of steps. But in terms of urgency (time-dependent), the manuscript outline is the most urgent one, followed by the SPA, then the OpEd workshop. I'll try to send out the manuscript outline today. It's not that big of a deal. Input from the other writers would still be collected so don't worry about having an incomplete outline.

Padayon!!! 

UPDATE, 2256H:

I've finally rolled out the manuscript outline, YAY!!! Now, I can focus on the SPA tomorrow. Woohoo thank you Lord!

UPDATE, 13 Aug, 2355H:

Ang galing lang. I was able to finish everything, all three main tasks, by 9 August, two days after I wrote this blog post. Lalong lalo na yang pakshette na SPA Apostille na yan. Sumakit batok ko kakaisp at kakastress sa pagpapadala ng mga documents. Ang mahal ha! Anyway, gawa ako ng post about this bukas. 

Sometimes, all I need is good stress to act on such things. However, we don't want this happening often. It's better not to procrastinate.

No comments: