23 July 2015

Today's Thoughts

1. Praying the rosary is a form of meditation

You know what they say about meditating:it helps clear the mind and lets you focus more in accomplishing tasks; that when meditating, it's better if you have a chant that keeps on playing over and over in your mind.

I've come to realize this for myself a long time ago, when I would pray the rosary every time I commute. It helps me meditate because I repeat the prayers over and over. It helps me block off the noise in my surroundings and my mind just focuses on praying. Aside from praying the rosary, talking to God too, reflecting, is a form of meditation.

2. I miss Sohoton Cove and the Jellyfish Lagoon

I cannot forget the time I swam in Sohoton Cove. I felt I was in my element. Swimming peacefully in the calm, blue green waters of the cove and the lagoon. No one was there except our group. Swimming in the Enchanted River too is great. But there are so many tourists it's difficult to relax swim. The Enchanted River is also just a small swimming hole compared to the hectares and hectares of Sohoton Cove. The Jellyfish Lagoon is also a nice place to swim; calm and relaxing with the jellyfishes. Sigh. I miss swimming there! Argh!

3. I miss swimming in Hinagdanan Cave, Bohol

The first time I encountered brackish water in a cave. It was heavenly. So clear. Cool. Isotonic. Peaceful. Calm. Aaaargh. Memories.

No comments: