16 April 2015

An inspirational excerpt from F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story

Tin and I were discussing about failure, triumph, and topics related to international education. And so as my spirit dips into this melancholic state because of unfinished things, she sends me this excerpt from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:


"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, 

too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time 

limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay 

the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make 

the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of 

it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you 

feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people

 with a different point of view. I hope you live a life 

you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you 

have the courage to start all over again."



And just like magic, I was uplifted.

No comments: