23 February 2007

My Second 10k Marathon

Whoo! After weeks of training, running around the village park, and covering at least 5k per run, I beat my old record of 1h36m for a 10k run. New record: 1h2m! Yahoo! Thanks to Vladi, I was able to take part in the 3rd International Marathon for the Pasig River. Almost 9,000 participants joined in, and I am happy to say that I am one of the 9,000, hehe.

The terrain of The Fort Global City was a bit difficult, compared with Roxas Boulevard's 10k route. Some of the roads slanted inward, like that of a NASCAR route but not that exaggerated. Inclined surfaces were sporadically appearing and since the road was slanted, the pressure on my other leg was greater, therefore, it got tired earlier.

I met my friend, RC, and his friend, Ben. In the beginning, we were still running together until they got faster and I became slower, hehe. I also saw Pia Cayetano, the senator who ran the 10k race. She was fast and wore pink cycling shorts and a printed pink sleeveless top. Haha, I really wrote down the details! :)

I was so happy when I finished the marathon because I didn't stop running until the end. I did not walk (what our varsity coach taught us to do while running) and I continued to jog even the race was wearing me out a bit. Ang saya talaga and it made me feel fulfilled and satisfied! My craving for running in a marathon after a long time was now satiated, finally.

What was even better, my parents were so supportive! They even dropped me off at the race and waited for me to finish! Grabe saya talaga nun :) I'm so proud in having them both as my parents :)

Sana makatakbo uli ako sa mga marathon. A runner told me that Pia Cayetan was setting up an all-women race come March. However, I haven't found any schedule on the internet yet. Another awaited marathon is the New Balance Power Race (yehees shoes ko 'to! The best shoes for running! :) ). Kelan kaya 'to? I can't wait!

No comments: