27 February 2024

Quick post before starting work aka procrastinating

Well, we all have different ways of procrastinating. Mine is usually doing chores or writing a blog post prior to starting work. The reason in my head is, "Once I get this done, then I can concentrate on my work." It's not always the case. I sometimes get distracted in the middle of my Pomofocus session.

Anyway, I did say that this post will be short. 

Aujourdhui, je besoin finir le section de signification pour ma assignment dans la classe. I have been working on this since the weekend and I am STRUGGLING so much to pin this down. I need to read a lot of papers to get a good overview of how my research would fit in the bigger picture and how it can contribute to the already existing body of knowledge. Okay let's break it down in smaller steps:

1. Read journal article reviews on substance use, GxE interactions, and ADRD/aging. From here, identify three or four areas, usually they would be written as broad stroke statements. Home in on those.

2. After identifying these areas, look into each area more in-depth. Do this by looking for papers with the relevant keywords. Choose at least five papers to help support each area.

3. Then write your significance. 

I think that's it. I hope I'll be able to finish this today. The significance section need not be long; it should be detailed yet succinctly written. As Papa said, the ABCs of writing: Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. 

We can do this!

No comments: