10 June 2023

Today's thoughts

So it's two days before I submit my NIH biosketch and career development plan for the HESP award. I'm glad I was able to do the biosketch ahead of time, and I've already submitted the first draft of my CDP. I'm now in the process of revising these documents based on the feedback my amazing adviser (ZZ) gave me. Perhaps after a bit of back and forth with him, I'll be able to iron out my biosketch and CDP.

AND THEN we proceed on doing the research plan, ugh! I have nine days to do it starting Monday. I hope that'll be enough time for me to craft a solid RP. I plan to dovetail it with my dissertation plans as well. Good news though, it seems I'm doing almost all secondary analysis, which is great! But the downside is I don't get training in conducting primary data gathering and analysis. Though I'm sure there will be more opportunities down the line for this. I think I've already come a bit far from my previous feeling of uncertainty and being at a loss. I'm really glad God rescued me from my previous adviser. There are so MANY NEGATIVE things I can say about him, but I'll just be wasting my precious energy if I talk ill about him. Anyway, this is not the point of this blog entry.

The point is, from hereon I need to stay focused and disciplined in triaging my priorities. There's a lot to juggle here: coursework assignments and projects, HESP application, research projects, household chores, personal/ rest time, and relationships (i.e., talking with Mico). I just need to set up a schedule that can accommodate everything and not be burned out. After all, summer classes is just eight weeks!! We'll be entering the second week by Monday. Oh wow, how fast time flies. 

Let's do this!

No comments: