02 June 2021

Today's thoughts: PhD stipend increase, first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, my shopping spree on jewelry, and other things

So today I received a most wonderful news from UNTHSC: our PhD stipend has increased! Yeyyyy!!! At first, I was actually worried of making ends meet. With my apartment expense estimated at USD1,500 monthly including utilities, living on less than USD1,000 monthly will be very tight. But thanks to this great news, this gives me a bit of wiggle room to save money so I can fly home on a yearly basis, HOPEFULLY. I just need to save properly and NOT BE TEMPTED to buy stuff. Knowing myself, in the 1.5 years I was in Australia, I've accumulated so much stuff in my room that when my friends would visit me, they would be aghast with what they see. My room is like a museum, so many objects of interest that it becomes confusing to the senses. Okay wait, that doesn't sound like a museum, more of like a thrift store! Yaiks!!!

Second, another great thing happened today: I got my first dose of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine, yey!!! Thank you so much to the Philippine Government I was given this privilege. I'm classified under the A4 status - government employee. We were given the green light to be vaccinated already. I can't post yet the deets but that's what happened. Will receive my second dose by 30 June.

Lastly, I'd like to discuss here my jewelry shopping spree. Uuuuugh punyeta nauubos pera ko sa kabibili ng alahas, bwiset! I find myself always looking on what kind of gold jewelry I should buy, and also what size and colour of South Sea Pearls! I swear naaadik na ako kakatingin at kakabili!!! It's turning into a habit!!! I feel like every time I would browse through IG the items, I feel the urge to buy, even if I've already accumulated more than enough!!! Nakakainiiiiiis! And they're not cheap!!! Huhuhuhu ang kapal ng fez kong bili bilil ng mga ganitong bagay hindi naman malaki kita ko, huhuhuhu watishappening... Ang ganda kasi nilaaaaa... diamonds are so sparkly and reflective... gold is shiny... south sea pearls are so shiny and elegant! Ito pa ang mas masama... in addition to my fine jewelry, I also can't stop ogling and buying fashion jewelry like enamel, gold plated metals, stainless steel, brass... Uuuuuuugh kainezzzzzz! And what's even more and more annoying, I am not even sure if I can bring this all with me to the US!!! Edna itigil mo na yang kakabili mo ng alahaaaaas!!! Raaaaaaaaaawr!!!

Okay so medyo nafeel ko naglabas ako ng sama ng loob sa sarili ko, ano? Anyway, pagoda tragedy na ako dahil nagpa-vaccine ako today and isa sa mga napansin kong side effect is feeling tired, body temperature is slightly elevated, and I felt like a migraine was supposed to form but then I made sure to keep myself hydyrate hence, hindi na tumuloy si migraine. 

O siya, sleepers na akez at 0002H na. Tigil-tigilan mo na yang pag-browse mo sa jewelry bago matulog ha!

No comments: