24 May 2021

I bought myself a mechanical keyboard and it changed me...

The title may be a bit too much. It didn't change me per se, but I think what changed is my productivity. Typing on a mechanical keyboard makes writing fun and exciting. Pressing on the keyboard doesn't require much effort: pressing it down halfway already registers the letters. I also like the clickety-clackety sound the keyboard makes, though I think blue switches would've made me happier as it's click sounds are louder. 

Anyway let's get into the keyboard itself. I bought a budget-friendly mechanical keyboard: the Tecware Spectre Pro standard 104 keys, which has the num pad. Sorry for the warped image, I used the wide angle lens for the photo. I wanted to include the num pad. I got this keyboard type, thinking that I'll be inputting a lot of numbers as I do my dissertation.



This model cost me PhP2,620 from DynaTech in Shopee. I thought this price is okay for a mechanical keyboard. Going below 2k is a judgment I do not trust, haha. Before purchasing I read and watched a number of reviews about the Tecware Spectre Pro and I was satisfied with it. It took a bit of research as to what type of switches I would prefer. Cherry MX switches are the original ones but their patent has expired and their keyboard switches can now be created by other manufacturers. Tecware carries Outemu switches and they're available in red, brown, and blue. I chose the brown ones as they're not too noisy and offers a tactile feedback but once I got to try the keyboard, I figured the noise of the blue switches is something that I would've preferred more. Perhaps if Mico decides to get one, I'd offer him this Outemu brown keyboard and I'll get a blue one. Haha.

What else can I say... not much really. Typing using this mechanical keyboard is so much fun. It's like typing on water only better... But then I really don't know what it feels like to type on water because there's no such thing!

Sharing a video below of the different LED settings for this Tecware keyboard.


I doubt if I'll ever return to the membrane keyboard, except perhaps if I'm working remotely and on a laptop. I'm really digging this mechanical keyboard while typing. Hopefully when it's time to do my PhD dissertation, it will motivate me to write write write! :D Hahahaha anything to help me get insprired to write.

No comments: