22 March 2018

Fitness First vs Anytime Fitness: Which one would you choose?

Because I'm emotionally stressed to the nth level, I've decided to play and create a flowchart on which gym to choose based on some simple presumptions. It's super simple but I hope it will contribute to your decision in choosing between the two facilities. On a side note, if you want to create flowcharts, maps, charts, and other layouts, go to www.draw.io and start playing with diagrams!

Sorry for the blurred image. I would have displayed it in its original size but it will just exceed my blog's borders and deem it unreadable.

It's less expensive in Anytime Fitness (AF) but I personally choose to enrol in Fitness First (FF) because they offer more variety in classes: they have Les Mills classes (BodyPump is my favourite), Zumba, Group HIIT, Spartan Workout (another favourite), Spin Class, and different types of yoga (e.g., Dynamic flow, BodyBalance, Aerial Flow) to name a few. Exercise classes work for me because it is structured; other people motivate me to perform better; there is an instructor to lead the class. Self-training is okay but sometimes I lack the discipline to follow the regimen. It will just cause more injury to my body.

In addition, FF Platinum branches have a steam and sauna room, which I thoroughly enjoy. As for the trainers, I haven't tried to hire one as I find it too expensive. AF is an 'okay' gym for me but as what I've said, I exercise better when I'm in a group and AF doesn't offer that much classes that fit my schedule.

Whatever floats your boat.

No comments: