09 December 2014

My Favorite Style Icon 1: Jackie O.

If there's one thing I have to pluck from Jackie O.'s style, that has got to be her PEARLS!

When I was a young girl, we had reading material in our living room ranging from coffee table books to Time magazine. After eating lunch or brunch, I would usually wander around our house; play the piano, play with the cats, or read. Usually when I read, I would get one of these magazines and lie in our very formal living room sofa with my pambahay outfit, totally disgracing the whole formal living room ensemble. I was able to chance upon Time Magazine with Jackie O. as the cover. As reading paragraphs would easily bore me, I would immediately jump to looking at the photos. Little did I realize that Jackie O.'s style has been stored in my long term memory. And every time I would wear pearls with my outfits, it's HER that I remember, haha! Yun pala yun! Aside from getting this style from my mom, I would remember Jackie O.'s famous three-tiered pearl necklace!

Below are some photos of one of my favorite fashion icons and I hope someday that I can emulate her style.

This photo of Jackie O. evokes memories of my childhood. This is one of the photos I saw in the magazine that made
me realize, "wow, she embodies the word classy".

Her famous three-tiered pearl necklace. Her beauty and grace is just so effortless!

I think this iconic photo of Jackie O. was shot when JFK was already assassinated. OMG we have the same
watch style!!! I have one exactly like that!
Now that I'm going to Benguet tomorrow, I brought with me a black
turtle neck top. Might as well pose like Jackie O.! Haha!


And who could forget the iconic Jackie O. sunnies??? Need I say more? The only problem with me is I cannot wear
sunglasses because my eyesight is poor! I don't wear contact lenses because I'm just too lazy to put them on
and remove them after a day's toil.

No comments: