25 December 2013

Our Christmas Together!


It was indeed a fun (and melodramatic) Christmas 2013 for Martin and I!!!

This year, we decided to create and give gifts as a couple, yung nakalagay sa signatory, “with love from Martin and Edz”.  Kopol na kopol e, haha! It’s fun because this is both our FIRST TIME of signing gifts coming from the two of us. It doesn’t seem yucky or cheesy because I think we’re both, or rather I am (yikes!), of age to do something like this. Tumatanda na.

Some of the gifts we received were labeled as “To Martin and Edz”, haha! Wala lang, nakakatuwa yung feeling that people indeed recognize us as a couple. It’s exciting for me because Martin is my first boyfriend (and so I am, too, Martin’s first girlfriend) and this is all a FIRST TIME for US! Ganito pala yung feeling, parang high school lang kung kiligin, hahaha!
 We bought the raw ingredients for a homemade salsa, including the containers, from SnR then we cut and hand-painted EACH of the Christmas cards. Ang saya habang ginagawa naming ito kasi talagang TEAM EFFORT! Woohoo APIR! I took care of the packaging and handwriting (because that’s all what my limited knowledge in preparing/cooking can do) then Martin took care of preparing the salsa. We weren’t able to deliver the gifts together though, as the salsa needed to be distributed once it was prepared; so Martin took care of that.


Our hand-painted gift cards! Yey!

Clockwise from top: That's me taking a selfie on Martin's bed; Martin hard at work at his card. Notice the human anatomy book that we used as hard board, haha!; our hand-painted Christmas gift cards, yey!; another shot of Martin concentrating on what he's doing, haha! Take note of the watercolor palette--- this belongs to my Papa pa! Mga taong 90's pa yang palette na yan, buhay pa! Galing ni Prang; or magaling lang pumili yung Papa ko ng painting materials :)

The finished product! :) That's my handwriting right there on the container's body, haha! Self-proclaimed YUMMY!

What even made us happier is that people found our “Yummy Homemade Salsa” good to eat!  Hooray for my love, Martin! Galing galing magluto! Ako naman, ang galing galing kong mag-cheer! Woohoo! Go, go Martin! Go go go Martin, go! Hahaha! Indeed I am blessed with someone who can cook really good dishes, something extraordinary. Masaya ako sa ganung skill because I love to eat. And what can be more special and happier than eating the dishes of my one true love? (Shet eto talaga, ang cheeeesy na, yuuuuuck! Cut for commercial break!)

Martin and I goofing around and taking photos on Christmas Day :)

But aside from time spent together, we also spent time with our respective families this Christmas. Of course, this is a time where we should spend precious moments with our loved ones. Martin’s family was complete except for his twin brother; and mine too was complete, together with the apos that bring us such joy in the family. Martin prepared a feast for his family which he decided to share with us too. Sobrang dami magluto ni Martin pwede niyang i-sheyr sa amin, haha! And my family did enjoy his stupendous cooking.

This may be a late greeting from Martin and I, but we hope you guys all had a 
WONDERFUL and MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: