13 June 2012

Original music CDs on sale + Drylite towel

I happen to come across a music CD sale at Odyssey Alabang one weekend and I browsed through their selection. There were a number of good CDs, the most expensive was at P200! So you can just imagine some discs were cheap as P99 and P150. I saw a two hundred pesos Mariah Carey Greatest Hits CD. I decided to buy it perhaps on a later time within the day as I thought of conserving my money until I can buy what I NEEDED to buy that day. I also saw some Joshua Bell, Lenka, Usher, Broadway Musical compilations (my friend Bettina would love that) and other music CDs.

And so I went around Alabang Town Center, met up with Martin and we ate at this modern/pop/hip Japanese resto, I have forgotten the name, which we found no so good to eat in. After which we went around again, I bought a towel at the The North Face store, a highly usable towel for someone like me who's  always on the go. It's light. It's absorbent. It dries quickly. And when it folds inside your luggage, it's so small it can fit into a small pouch. A really must-have for a travelling junkie. It's the Sea-to-Summit Drylite microfiber towel. You can get it in various sizes, I got myself the large (P1,190) because I want it to cover my body but truthfully, the medium is enough as it can already dry your hair and body well.


Anyway going back to the CD, when I came back to Odyssey to finally buy the MC Greatest Hits CD, it was already sold! Nyek! I shouldn't have let it go the first time I saw it, it was only one copy. Unfortunately, fate wouldn't let me have it. Instead, I bought the Joshua Bell: At Home with Friends and Herbie Hancock: The Imagine Project discs, both at P99. I didn't consider the MC disc a loss until I heard the Bell and Hancock CDs. It was amazing. It's not your typical mainstream music, that's why I like it. It was a good mix of classical and jazz music, the latter being my most favorite music genre of all. Feels so good listening to it. I'm so happy I was able to acquire it for a song. :)


No comments: